Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Author: Circle of Eaters
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Soup
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Apple, Pink Lady or Fuji, roughly chopped
- 4 C Water, vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Pepper
- 1 C Coconut Milk
For the topping:
- 1/2 C Coconut Milk
- 1/2 C Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce a whole butternut squash all over with a knife. Roast the squash in the oven on a baking tray until you can easily pierce the skin (about 30 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- In a soup pot or dutch oven add the oil, onion and apple. Put heat on low and cover the pot with a lid. Let sweat for 25 minutes or until the onion and apple are soft.
- Once the butternut squash has cooled enough to handle, cut in half and remove the seeds. Then scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Add the flesh to the soup pot, along with your liquid, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now add the coconut milk and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and serve!
- Drizzle each plate with coconut milk and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.