Five-Ingredient Creamy Mushroom Chicken with Cashew Cream
- 200 g mixed mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 X 120 g skinless chicken breasts
- 2 t wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 C raw cashews
- 1 C waters
- Start with the cashew cream. Soak the cashews in 1 C water for 30 minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan on medium high heat.
- Place all mushrooms in the dry pan, tearing up any larger ones. Let them toast and get dark golden and nutty, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, peel and finely dice the onion and slice the chicken breasts in 1/2 inch-thick strips.
- When the mushrooms have browned, remove and set aside.
- Saute the onion in oil until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add chicken and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Finish the cashew cream. Discard soaking water and blend cashews in 1 C fresh water.
- Add the mustard, cashew cream and 3/4 C water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until you’ve jut got a loose saucy consistency and the chicken is cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.