- 3 Anaheim chiles
- 3 poblano chiles
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (80% lean)
- 4 Brioche burger buns
- 4 to 6 tsp. soy sauce
- 4 slices Munster cheese
- Broil chiles on a rimmed baking sheet, turning as needed, until blackened on all sides, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Peel, then cut open and remove stem and seeds. Finely chop chiles. Put in a medium bowl and stir in 1/4 tsp. salt. Mix mayonnaise with garlic in another medium bowl.
- Heat a grill or griddle to medium (350° to 450°).
- Mix beef with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl until just combined.
- Divide into 4 portions and form each into a 1/2-in.-thick patty and make a slight dent in the center.
- Oil cooking grate or griddle with a wad of oiled paper towels.
- Grill burgers, turning once and sprinkling with about 1/2 tsp. soy sauce on each side, until done the way you like, 7 to 8 minutes for medium.
- During the last minute, lay a cheese slice on each burger to melt it.
- Meanwhile, cut your brioche burger buns and toast on grill or griddle, about 2 minutes.