I love a good muffin and when I have friends staying the weekend, I love to whip-up these super easy and super moist blueberry muffins to greet my guests with the scent of fresh baked muffins in the morning. Nothing gets people out of bed faster!
This recipe is inspired by Donna Hay and again comes from her book, At My Table, which I’ve recently rediscovered in my stacks of cookbooks. These muffins are literally bursting with blueberries and are so light and moist — which comes from the inclusion of sour cream.
This one-bowl recipe can be made even easier to prepare by combining all of the dry ingredients the night before, which makes for even faster prep the following morning. Donna Hay recommends serving these with a lemon butter, which I highly recommend! Yum, yum and yum!!!!!
Super Moist Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins
Adapted by Donna Hay’s recipe in her book At My Table. A moist and light muffin recipe that’s a real crowd pleaser.
- Yield: 8 - 12 1x
- 2 C (250 g / 8 oz) self-raising flour
- 1/2 C (75 g / 2 1/2 oz) superfine sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 C butter (60 g / 2 oz) butter, melted
- 1 1/4 C (310 g / 10 oz) sour cream
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C (210 g / 10 oz) blueberries
- 2 t lemon zest
- 1/2 C (4 oz) butter
- 2 T lemon juice
- 3 T powdered sugar
For the Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F / 200 degrees C.
- Grease a 1 cup capacity muffin tin.
- Place the flour and caster sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the eggs, butter, sour cream and vanilla extract in another bowl and beat until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture and stir until just combined, do not over mis.
- Fold through the blueberries and lemon zest
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 25-20 minutes or until a skewer or knife comes out clean.
For the Lemon Butter:
- Combine the butter, lemon and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Serve the muffins warm topped with lemon butter.